Pages

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Animation in FINLAND

In the summer 2014 I decided to use my summer school holiday to go for two months in Helsinki and explore the Finnish animation and also the life style and mood.

I have been writing a blog, in Italian and English, for the whole stay.


There are posts about animation, but also many other about the travel experience itself and architecture and design and food and so much more..

Here a post about the Finnish animation I discovered there
Here another one about Tove Jansson and the Moomins
If you're interested in the whole experience, the blog is called Finnlà and you can find it here.


Now, after almost three years from that journey, I know a little more about the Finnish animation. There is a very interesting festival in Turku, not far from Helsinki (deadline around the beginning of the year and festival taking place in August), called Turku animated film festival.
I personally had the pleasure to meet some talented people from the studio Pyjama film and I can only recommend you to check out what are they doing. Just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment